Have you ever wondered why smart, successful people struggle to find a new job or a satisfying career? Perhaps you are one of those people. If your job search seems to be going nowhere, use the tips below to step up your job search game. Don’t just wish for a new job in this or the coming years—make it so!
Did you know that the people, who are most successful in finding, landing, and starting the job they want, have several things in common? Here are the most important areas to include in your comprehensive job search efforts:
IDENTIFY specific job titles to target during your job search, this includes:
- Identifying companies you are interested in working for and potential job titles
- Gathering contact information for people that are in the position to hire you
- Reaching out to contacts that can connect you to the hiring manager
- Learning about the companies for which you would like to work
INVEST time, money, and energy in your job search.
- A strong, well-written, and attention-getting resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. Read about our LinkedIn services CLICK HERE.
- Stay on top of changing trends in the hiring industry with job search coaching.
- Strategizing and planning how to conduct an effective job search
- Learning how to use social media engagement to establish a positive online presence and to enlarge the reach of your job search.
- Knowing how to negotiate a salary proposition.
- Personal coaching to enhance your interview performance.
- Working with a careers coach to improve skills necessary for success in your job search and career advancement.
MAP OUT a comprehensive Job Search Strategy that includes:
- Networking online and in person
- Tapping into the Hidden Job Market
- Applying for posted job openings online, in person, and by mail
- Identifying and communicating your unique value
- Preparing and practicing for job interviews
SELL yourself with CONFIDENCE. Job-winning candidates sell themselves through their resume, abilities, and the value they bring to prospective employers. How does your confidence level measure up?
We can boost your confidence level to new heights with our
- Resumes and Cover letters
- LinkedIn profile writing and training
- Job Search Coaching
- Interview Coaching and training
DOCUMENT achievements, skills, and accomplishments that demonstrate their ability to do the job requirements. Show the added value they bring to the table through their education, work experience, skills, and volunteer work.
PERSISTENCE to work consistently through your job search plan. Consistency is a key factor between a successful job seeker who lands an excellent job and those that merely wish they had a new job. Regularly put time into researching possible jobs, making application, networking, and including the other ideas suggested in this blog post. Remember: A comprehensive job search effort + consistency + persistence = new employment and a better life.
You can significantly increase your success rate and shorten your total job search process by employing these six strategies. Do a quick assessment of each item and note the areas where you need to strengthen your approach. Do you need powerful writing for your resume and social media profile? Do you need to include a more holistic networking approach? Do you lack the confidence to sell yourself and your abilities? Are you keeping a master list that documents each achievement? Do you need help to access the hidden job market? Have you been persistent in your job search efforts?
Radiant Resume Career Services provides resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile writing; job search and interview coaching; and strategies for all your job search and career needs. Contact me today and let me help you shine brighter and reach your job search and career goals faster!
Don’t just wish for a new job in this or the coming years—make it so!
Photo credit: “Captain Picard Chair” by Source (WP:NFCC#4). Licensed under Fair use via Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Captain_Picard_Chair.jpg#/media/File:Captain_Picard_Chair.jpg